1603 Carmody Court Suite 202 San Antonio, TX 78259
TITLE – Network Administrator
DISCIPLINE – Route/Switch
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS – None (Bachelor’ s degree preferred)
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS – None (CCNA preferred)
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS – Three years (Five years preferred)
- Support the network administrative efforts relating to the integrations and/or divestitures of network assets as needed by the Mergers & Acquisitions team.
The candidate must be familiar with and show competency regarding the following fundamentals/concepts/protocols…
- DNS, DHCP, IPAM, TACACS, NTP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP and SYSLOG.
- Stateful monitoring & alerting, event correlation, and change management.
- Direct console access to network devices, code upgrades/config modifications using CLI.
- EIGRP, MPLS, LTE, VSAT, DMVPN, BGP and floating static routes.
- Spanning Tree Protocol, Etherchannel, and trunking.
- NAT on Cisco IOS and ASA devices.
- Cisco ASA logging, connection/translation tables and access list entries.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & Visio.
The candidate must be willing and able to perform the following tasks…
- Work with mail room on a regular basis to receive/ship hardware.
- Maintain and be responsible for hardware inventory of all network assets.
- Wipe/sanitize old network gear that has been decommissioned/refreshed and work with supporting teams to properly dispose of assets as directed.
- Work with telecommunication providers to activate/support new/existing circuit issues.
- Responds to network outages/troubleshooting calls (sometimes after hours).
- Build configuration templates and apply to new network hardware.
- Package network devices and work with mailroom to ship as directed to meet project deadlines.
- Remotely support field techs during hardware installation process.
- Produce as-built documentation using Visio and Word and participate in turnover training activities.
- Speak to large groups of sometimes 20+ people.
- The preferred candidate would have experience with network refreshes or integration activities.
- The candidate must have a cradle to grave mentality.
- The candidate must have reliable transportation to/from work every Monday through Friday.
- The candidate must have an Internet connection at home that can be used to VPN and work remotely if needed.