1 Sullivan Rd. Holyoke, MA 01040
Our top client in the Springfield, MA area is in need of an experienced SAS developer for a long term contract. Responsibilities include participating in development of new Market Monitoring software, support of existing software as well as SAS platform and the associated tools.
- Participate in team meetings to develop an understanding of the markets.
- Develop Functional Specifications.
- Develop Technical Specifications.
- Develop Software Programs.
- Assist with the development of test conditions and scenarios.
Required Skill Sets
- Ability to write technical specifications.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and also to complete tasks independently.
- Strong Written and Verbal skills in English.
- Ability to work under demanding and/or changing time constraints.
- Technical skills.
- Three or more years of experience in software application development in medium to large enterprises.
- Programming experience in SAS Software (Base, Macro, Graph) – 1 to 3 years.
- Strong experience in UNIX operating system. Scripting with sed, awk, bash and regex a plus.
- Development experience working with data in relational databases/SQL with ability to understand relational data models and referential integrity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in debugging/troubleshooting programs utilizing the tools available with the language and platform.
- Experience learning new systems and new programming languages. Demonstrated ability to learn new computer systems through self-teaching.
Desirable Skill Sets
- SAS Base/Advanced Programmer Certifications.
- Experience in Electric industry/energy markets.
- Experience with PERL and macro programming.
- Experience with SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Management Console.
- Experience with Oracle programming in PL/SQL.
- Familiarity with source code management tools.