SQL Database Developer/Development DBA
1 Sullivan Rd. Springfield, MA 01040 | Exempt Contract
Our client in western, MA is in need of an experienced SQL DBA/Developer for a long term contract.
- The consultant will actively participate on the team responsible for development of data mart to support internal business processes.
In this role the consultant will be required to:
- Work with data architect, developers and DBA to identify the source data and load the from source systems to help development and testing.
- Develop and test SQL scripts to load the historical data to seed the data mart tables for testing, dry runs and production migrations.
- Work with data architect and developers to design efficient ETL jobs using intermediate tables.
- Performance tuning of SQL and ETL jobs.
- Develop data replication and ETL jobs.
- Ability to write technical specifications.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and also to complete tasks independently.
- Strong Written and Verbal skills in English.
- Ability to work under demanding and/or changing time constraints.
- Five or more years of experience in database code development (SQL and PL/SQL) and tuning of SQL in Oracle.
- Experience working with data in star schema databases.
- Experience in development of large data load jobs.
- Experience in ETL tools like Oracle Data Integrator is desirable.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting, PERL.