Senior Java Developer (Spring/MVC)
1 Sullivan Rd. Springfield, MA 01040 | Exempt Contract
Senior Java Developer needed for a long term contract in western, MA
The consultants will actively participate on the team responsible for support of all external/internal web related software and applications.
- Perform software changes in JAVA, Spring MVC, SQL, PL/SQL and JEE Technologies.
- Participate in team meetings to develop an understanding of the web environment.
- Make changes in related software specifications.
- Assist with the development of test conditions and scenarios.
- Learn and use the IT Change Management tool to enter software improvement requests (SIR) and software problem reports (SPR), and to track and coordinate their resolution.
- 10+ years’ experience writing robust web applications with Spring Framework (Spring security, Spring MVC, etc) using Java.
- Hands on experience with JAX RS, JAXB, JMS, Spring MVC, Bootstrap.
- Hands on experience with templating frameworks such as Thymeleaf, Velocity, FreeMarker, etc.
- Hands on experience with CSS, Bootstrap and UX experience.
- Extensive experience with software development best practices (e.g. test-driven development, ORM, object-oriented design, code profiling, debugging).
- Experience on application servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBOSS EAP 6.x.
- Experience with maven and ant builds.
- Experience with UNIX operating system, services, and commands.
- Experience working with data in relational databases.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and also to complete tasks independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints.
- Experience in agile methodology.
- Familiarity with GIT, CVS source code management tool.