Sr. IT Security Engineer
1603 Carmody Court Suite 202 San Antonio, TX 78259
This position is responsible for driving a security awareness program whilst providing the required level of expertise in information security assessments and solutions across the organization. The individual will work as a member of Security Design, Threat and Vulnerability Management functional group within the Information Security team, and balance business priorities, information security risks, and best practice security architecture to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of business critical IT and data assets.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be a security advocate who gathers and analyzes security requirements by holding discussions with key stakeholders in large workshops, small groups or one-on-one sessions.
• Develop an overarching security awareness strategy that takes corporate culture and existing relevant policies and technical security standards into account
• Drive the development and publishing of security awareness materials and contents
• Facilitate training sessions for new hires, existing employees and target user groups as required by the business
• Evaluate existing security capabilities to understand needs with a view to translating those needs into additional capabilities verified to meet business requirements
• Serve as an information security advisor to other subject matter experts and key business stakeholders, establishing trust relationships through active engagement and powerful collaboration
• Interpret relevant security policies, standards, guidelines and best practices for the purposes of communicating security requirements and rationales to internal customers in non-technical terms
• Own and manage the team’ s intranet site to keep contents relevant and updated
• Conduct threat and vulnerability assessments to determine security requirements and controls following assessment of the potential business impact of security breach.