Windows Systems Administrator
1 Sullivan Rd. Springfield, MA 01040 | Exempt Contract
Windows Systems Administrator needed for a long term contract in western MA.
Highly motivated, self-directed individual needed to fill a fulltime consultant position to assist the Windows Support Administration Team. This individual will be providing high level problem solving and technical expertise on various Microsoft platforms and services. Along with the team, you will be directly responsible for the security, engineering, operations, reliability, compliance and management of workflow and processes for our Windows Support Infrastructure. This position offers the flexibility of working remotely, other than initial onboarding and similar rare short term logistical needs.
- Support Windows Operating System configuration and management.
- Monitor, evaluate and enhance Windows Server Infrastructure for optimal performance, security and availability
- Perform builds, upgrades, repairs and retirements virtual servers and appliances, utilizing peer resources and established work instructions for Windows Systems.
- Actively participate in documentation including diagrams of Internal Infrastructure, utilizing full functionality of Atlassian’ s Confluence product.
- Spearhead efforts around automation and configuration management of windows data center fleet
- Design and implement efficiency and consolidation improvements across multiple Active Directory Forests and Domains
- Design and implement security enhancements to computing environments, including lateral movement protections, tiered logins and CIS standards
- Assist in the maintenance of defined patch levels for all applications, as well as provide timely compliance status reports
- Conduct analysis and recommend solutions for complex and emerging issues
- Where applicable, improve overall system and administrator efficiency via increasing or modifying existing automation, or provisioning new automated activities
- Operate and maintain an enterprise anti-virus and malware system
- Utilizing established work instructions, identify, triage and escalate issues with Zabbix system monitoring and NetBackup/TSM reports.
- Coordinate downtime and outages to applicable systems with application and business areas.
- Oversee, test and document failover functionality of High Availability technologies such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, RSA Authentication Manager, DFS and KEMP Load Balancers
- Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012R2
- Knowledge of one or more of the following - Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, SharePoint 2010/2013
- Experience with Active Directory 2012/2016 in an enterprise environment, including backup and restore procedures, as well as support for multiple forests and domains
- Knowledge of automated configuration management and systems hardening
- Experience utilizing PowerShell for Active Directory and Windows Administration
- Excellent technical skills as well as strong team orientation and communication
- History of planning, coordinating and executing IT initiatives
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Administration using PowerShell for any of the following: Quest One ActiveRoles, VMware or Exchange
- Experience with Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Experience with Symantec NetBackup
- Experience with SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Always On Groups
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert Certification (Server Infrastructure) or Microsoft Certified Solution Associate Certification (Microsoft Windows 2012 or higher)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Messaging
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Certification
- Active Directory, 2008, 2008R2 2012 & 2012R2 Enterprise Administration
- Certification like MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCITP in Exchange 2010 (or higher)